- Hot deploy of components (bundles, jars, xml, war, ear, eba, ...),
- Dynamic configuration of the services trough properties files (managed into the console),
- Unify logging api (JDK 1.4, JCL, SLF4J, Avalon, Tomcat, OSGi),
- Facilitate the packaging and deployment of components (features, karaf archives, ...),
- Native OS integration
- Extensible Shell console
- Remote access
- Managing instances
- Supports the latest OSGi 4.2 containers: Apache Felix Framework 3.0 and Eclipse Equinox 3.6
- Provide JAAS connectors (LDAP, JDBC, PropertiesFile)
- Containers available : Spring, Blueprint, JPA, Transaction, Web, JNDI
This release of Apache Karaf contains a multitude of new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Some highlights include many new or updated commands, a LDAP JAAS module with login support, an updated feature service, a feature for Aries transaction, JPA & JNDI modules, expanded documentation, and new versions of most dependencies. The help system and manual have also undergone major updates. Please note that if you are using pax-exam with scanFeatures that you also have to upgrade pax-exam to the latest version.
For more detail please see the change log.