Monday, June 27, 2011

Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.2.2

The second maintenance release of the Apache Karaf 2.2.x branch has entered the planning phase, as such I'm preparing for the release management role.
Preparing for the Apache Karaf 2.2.2 release.
To prepare I've selected a bottle of Terre Dei Volsci Velletri Rosso Riserva 2004 to decant while listening to Wintersleep's albums New Inheritors, Welcome to the Night Sky, and untitled. It's been rain, drizzle, and fog for a long time now while waiting for summer to kick in, so I think the intellectual, macabre sounds fits in well with dark days outside. Please do not worry about the dreary theme I have going here, for there is an upbeat attitude coming for the 3.0.0 release. Seriously, how many projects do you know of where the release manager talks mostly about wine & music before a release? Apache Karaf is awesome that way ;)

The wine will of course only be sampled after being gave proper time to breath in its container, after the first release candidate has be up loaded for voting (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share a few links to Wintersleep videos.



I'm looking forward to starting the 2.2.2 release process. I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream (#karaf) and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf).

No comments: