Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.3.2

The second patch release of the Apache Karaf 2.3.x branch is in flight towards an immanent RC, as such I'm preparing for the release management role.

To prepare I've selected a bottle of Vina Maipo Gran Devocion Cabernet Sauvignon / Syrah 2010 to decant while listening to some Tegan and Sara albums.

Current high lights of this patch include a collection of bug fixes, a new word count command and updates to Spring 3.2.2.Release, Pax Web 1.1.4, and Pax URL 1.3.6. A complete change log will be created for the Release Candidate once the community is ready to put it to vote.

The wine will of course only be sampled after being gave proper time to breath in its container, after the first release candidate has be up loaded for voting (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share a few links to some videos. I'm looking forward to starting the 2.3.2 release process soon.

I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream (#karaf) and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf).

No comments: