- Dell PowerEdge T110 II Chasis.
- Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 (4 Core, 8 Threads @ 3.4 Ghz)
- 16 GB ECC Ram (2 * 8GB @1600 Mhz DDR3)
- Intel Enterprise SSD 120 GB for Operating System.
- Intel Enterprise SSD 240 GB for tools, m2 repo, and build.
- Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS
Configuring The System:
The Apache Karaf Release Guide provides the blueprint for this build, providing the community with a reproducible set of steps to help us avoid relying on a 'magic build' machine. The guide outlined the various tools, their versions, and configurations required to produce a build candidate.
|No more spinning disks for my build machine :)|
The 120GB disk was chosen as the primary boot disk, hosting Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and a swap partition (/dev/sda). The 240GB disk was formatted as a single partition using an ext3 filesystem (/dev/sdb).
I prefer to keep my Operating System and 'task' drives separate on a server.
Build Drive Organization:
The build drive hosts three directories:
- tools - All build tools.
- repo - local m2 repository.
- source - SVN and Git repos.
The tools directory contains various versions of JDKs, Ant, Maven, PrinceXML, and my environment scripts.