Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's decanting time; Apache Karaf 2.1.5 RC is up for voting :)

It's decanting time!

Apache Karaf 2.1.5 release candidate is up for voting as of now. This update of Apache Karaf is based off of the 2.1.x series branch, representing an update to Apache Karaf 2.1.4. It contains several bug fixes identified in the prior releases, including; improved Eclipse console karaf shell output, handling TAB characters in feature repository to avoid resolution errors when adding features to repo, and multiple fixes to the config shell. As a head's up, this patch also updates the Felix Framework from version 3.0.2 to 3.0.9.

As alluded to in my previous Karaf 2.1.5 planning post, I've queued up several albums by the Novaks, and started to decant my bottle of Jacob's Creek Merlot 2007. While I'm waiting for the release candidate process I've decided to get some baking out of the way:
Yes, the RC build was made on a macbook, sitting on top of 36 bottles of Pinot Grigio.  On the stove top you can see the beginnings of my casserole.
Broccoli, covered in a mixture of Mushroom soup & Mayonnaise,  Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, and butter sautéed soda cracker crumbs.
More Bacon to finish.
 The next 72 hours I'll be monitoring the RC vote, so until we know the results I'll be enjoying some comfort food, and listening to great music, while waiting to sample the decanted wine (will only sample it once the vote is passed). Best release management role ever? Definitely must be one of the better release processes :)

1 comment:

Achim said...

now that looks tasty :)