Sunday, June 26, 2011

Preparing for Apache Karaf 3.0.0

The first release of Apache Karaf 3.0.x branch will be coming soon, as such I'm preparing for the release management role.
Preparing for the Apache Karaf 3.0.0 release.
To prepare I've selected a bottle of Stella Bella Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2007 to decant while listening to a pair The Idlers albums; CornerKeep Out. It's summer here in Newfoundland, so I thought some up beat reggae from the island would be fitting for this release.

The wine will of course only be sampled after being gave proper time to breath in its container, after the first release candidate has be up loaded for voting (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share few links to Idlers videos.


I'm looking forward to starting the 3.0.0 release process. I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream (#karaf) and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf).


Update:

Summer has come and gone (debatable in Newfoundland, but I digress), and we're now heading towards Winter. The Karaf 3.0 line is almost there now though. Expect to hear more as the RC approaches.

No comments: