Thursday, July 14, 2011

Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.1.6

The final planned release of the Apache Karaf 2.1.x branch is now under way. As the release manager I've had to prepare a little extra for the end of life for this line.
Preparing for the Apache Karaf 2.1.6 release.
To prepare I've selected François Pélissié Croix du Mayne Cahors 2008 to decant while taking in the Wreckhouse International Jazz and Blues festival here in St John's Newfoundland. The combination of smooth jazz and strong red wines seem to pair nicely to celebrate the efforts that's gone into making the 2.1.x line.

The wine will of course be sampled after being gave proper time to breath in its container, after the first release candidate has been loaded up for voting (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share a few links to the artists performing live here in St John's over the next week:


I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream, and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf). I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of our users and contributors during the journey of Apache Karaf 2.1.0 through to this very release candidate for selecting Karaf as your OSGi runtime, and I'd like to assure you that development is still very much alive on the 2.2.x line and the upcoming 3.0.x :)

No comments: