Thursday, September 22, 2011

Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.2.4

The forth maintenance release of the Apache Karaf 2.2.x branch has entered the planning phase, as such I'm preparing for the release management role.
Preparing for Apache Karaf 2.2.4
To prepare I've selected a bottle of Quinta São João Batista Syrah Reserva 2007 to decant while listening to some Hawksley Workman albums. As mentioned in my last 'preparing for apache karaf' post the 3.0.0 release is still underway in preparation, this 2.2.x update is part of our efforts to make kit releases more often.

The wine will of course only be sampled after being gave proper time to breath in its container, after the first release candidate has be up loaded for voting (see our release guide for more details on our process).

Unfortunately I can't share the wine with you, but I can share a few links to Workman videos.



I'm looking forward to starting the 2.2.4 release process. I'll be posting updates to our Twitter stream (#karaf) and on our IRC channel (irc.codehaus.org #karaf).

No comments: